Friday, April 12, 2013

It's my brother's fault

That I'm a Doctor Who fan. Back in the '80's, Prairie Public Television (PPTV, or PBS, as it was known in those days) picked up the original series and would show it on Friday nights.

My eldest brother had watched it as a child (first run!) when we lived in Ireland, so naturally he was interested when it became available here ... It was one of the few things all three of us would watch together without complaint.

Then my brother A's friend told us about a Doctor Who group he'd heard about- right here in the city. They met once a month to watch episodes (sometimes un-aired or 'lost' episodes), and discuss the show.

A and I went with him to one of these meetings. I don't think they ever went back, but I sure did ...

And I made some fantastic friends, most of whom are still in my life today.

Incidentally, it is also through these friends that I eventually met Himself.

Ironic, isn't it, that Himself claims not to be a Doctor Who fan?

Having said that, I should point out that he watched an episode with me last week and may have remarked: "Hmm, that's a really interesting concept."

gotcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment