Friday, February 22, 2013

The things they say ... Instalment #2

This evening, as I was working on dinner preparations, Boo came into the kitchen, excited to tell me something about his day.

"Hey, Mum, guess what?" (he didn't even wait for my reply) "Next weekend, I get to be in a movie!"

"Really? Wow!"

"Yeah, but a different kind, not like the ones you see in the stores."

"Oh? Still, sounds pretty cool ..."

"Uh huh! and Me and my friends are going to be in it! It's going to be about an alien invasion."

"Wow, that sounds like a fun topic!"

"Yeah, but I'm going to need ... Can I borrow the video camera?"

"You'd need to ask Dad about that, but I'm sure it could be arranged ..."

He then proceeded to tell me all about how he and his best friend are going to be the main characters, and how they'll be best friends in the movie, too.  His character is the youngest of five children, but *his* parents are divorced, and have both moved to another country, so he lives with his 18 year old sister ...

Yeah, totally not a "Drama guy" there, bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment