Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

If you'll pardon my improper use of the word, I love films. My tastes tend toword the quirky or ecclectic, but either way, I enjoy going to, renting & owning films.

Yep, in our house, we love watching films almost as much as we love books ... it appears to be a genetic flaw ;-).

Of course, this doesn't *just* fly in the face of my consume-less mentality, it flies right up and smacks it, HARD. I guess we all have our flaws ...

But even so, watching something on DVD is definitely a frequent pass-time for our family. It can be challenging to find a film the whole family can watch, given the diversity of ages in our household- our eldest will be 20 this year, and our youngest will be 10.

Perennial family favourites include Fantasy films such as "The Princess Bride", "Stardust" and any of the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter films. I guess that pretty much classifies us as dorks, but hey.

The hidden perk to this seemingly dis-connected way of spending time together is that the kids will cuddle up on the couch with us while we watch the "film du soir"- a rare treat with the teenagers in our home, who are typically reluctant to be too affectionate anywhere remotely public. I'll take it ;-)

What are some of your favourite films?

No comments:

Post a Comment